To contact our Chair of Governors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibility, Respect, Aspiration, Pride
As a governor of Hartford Primary School we undertake to work collectively, with our best intentions, to drive forward the school community and provide the best environment possible for the pupils and staff in our care to thrive.
We understand that our key roles are to:
1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
2. Hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
3. Oversee the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
We will strike a thoughtful balance between support and challenge, consider the whole school impact of the decisions we make and support, be visible and mindful, whilst seeking self-development to remain relevant and informed.
The well-being of our staff and our pupils will be at the forefront of our minds as we go about our business, we will take bold and decisive steps where the actions match our strategy and we will be active citizens in our community to promote HPS.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
1. Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
2. Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
3. People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
4. Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
5. Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
6. Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
As a collective we are responsible for being effective, in a manner that promotes the physical, social, emotion and education wellbeing of each and every pupil in our care, for setting and championing our schools ethos, vision and values, and for being the rational and knowledge voice of strategic support, which when couple with our exceptional executive leaders, provides an unstoppable force towards a brighter future for all.
Katherine Ottewell- Chair of Governors
I am father to Max and Izzy who is currently in Y6. This is my 2nd Governorship having previously served as a Community Governor at Platt Bridge CPS in Wigan.
I currently work as a CEO in the Sports Industry. I have a huge passion for Sport and have worked and volunteered in the industry for the past 16 years. I'm delighted to have been elected Chair of Governors in July 2019 following a 3 year period as a Parent Governor.
I was elected as a Parent Governor in December 2021 and have a child in Early Years.
I am a HR professional at a Public Sector organisation, and my history includes working for emergency services such as NHS, Fire Service and Police.
I am a subject matter expert in neurodiversity, reasonable adjustments, Equality Act 2010 and advise many different stakeholders, including senior leaders.
I have enormous respect for the staff and parents at Hartford Primary School and would like to further contribute to supporting a safe, happy, inclusive and diverse values based environment for our children, parents and local community