Absence and Attendance
Regular attendance at school is essential in order for children to receive their educational entitlement and to make the most of education. Children regularly arriving late have their education, and that of their peers, interrupted. We expect and encourage all our pupils to attend every day, as long as they are fit and healthy enough to do so. Children with regular absence miss continuity of teaching and their progress can be significantly impaired.
Good attendance is important because:
- There is a direct link between under-achievement and poor attendance.
- Make better progress, both socially and academically
- Find learning more satisfying
- Find school routines and school work easier to cope with
- Have an easier transition to secondary school
Request for Absence, Attendance Policy and Fixed Term Notice Payments
In order to request absence during school term time, please complete the form below and return to the school office. You can also find our School Attendance Policy below. Click on this link to understand FPD's (Fixed Penalty Notices).